Read the following:
gē dì tā mén dōu máng bù
gēge, dìdi, tāmen, bù máng, dōu hĕn hăo
Nĭ máng ma?
Wŏ hĕn máng.
Wŏ bù máng.
Nĭ gēge hăo ma?
Tā hĕn hăo.
Nĭ dìdi máng ma?
Tā hĕn máng.
Nĭ gēge, nĭ dìdi hăo ma?
Tāmen dōu hĕn hăo.
As an alternative you may write one complete Chinese sentence in pinyin or characters for each character introduced in lesson 3.
- Download and print the Lesson 3 Exercise homework. Complete exercise B. (text only version)(in class) (10 pts) due: Wednesday, Sep 3rd
- Download and print the Lesson 1-3 Grammar Review. Write five sentences using the grammatical pattern discussed. (text only version)
(in class) (10 pts) due: Monday, Sep 8th
- Download and print the Lesson 3 Exercise homework. Complete exercises A, and C. (text only version) (answers)(20 pts) due: Wednesday, Sep 10th
Are you busy?
(I am) very busy.
Is your elder brother well?
He is fine.
Is he very busy.
He is not busy.
Are your elder brother and younger brother well?
They are all very well.
They are very busy too.
- Using Classroom Vocabulary - Use at least two phrases from the list of classroom vocabulary during class.date: Monday, Sep 8th
- Answering basic 嗎 questions - Answer basic 嗎 questions with the format:
Q:你們哥哥都忙嗎？ A:我們哥哥都很忙。 Q:他們弟弟都好嗎？ A:他們弟弟都很好。date: Monday, Sep 8th
- Vocabulary Review - Use the activities available in CyberChinese-Online to review the vocabulary introduced in lesson 1-3.
date: Monday, Sep 8th
- Getting Familiar with Chinese Writing - Look over the Chinese characters we have learned so far in lessons 1-3 and in your Chinese name and identify common components. What do these components mean?date: Monday, Sep 8th
- Asking 嗎 Questions -
Asking 嗎 questions. Write your question down then ask one of your classmates. Put both your name and your classmate names on the paper with your question.
That means you will need to ask your classmate their name. Do you remember how to do that?date: Wednesday, Sep 10th