Lesson 1 Study Guide
- Be able to greet someone in Chinese.
- Get familiar with the phonological system of the Chinese language using Dr. Xie's online primer, or other online sites (Pinyin Info, Pinyin Practice, John Derbyshire's Notes on Chinese Pronunciation, and John's blog). For more detail check the Pronunciation section in Cyberchinese-Online (available free with demo access).
You can also download the Table of the Initial-Final Combinations in Chinese (MS Word file).
- Become familiar with the Chinese script by studying Dr. Xie's online primer, Zhongwen.com, Dikk Kelly's Learn To Read And Write Chinese Characters, or other reliable sources.
- Be familiar with the information about the Chinese language on page 6 and 7 of the textbook Practical Chinese Reader.
- Learn the pinyin and correct stroke order for the 2 characters introduced in lesson 1.
- Learn the new vocabulary introduced in lesson 1. You can practice with the online Table Building Activity.