Lesson 14 Study Guide
- Be able to confidently use the verb 有 - yŏu, "to have," and its negative 沒有 - méiyǒu.
- Fluently use the preposition 給 - gĕi, "on behalf of someone."
- Be comfortable talking about your family: how many people in your family; what job they have and where they work; if you miss them; if you write or call them often.
- Use the following words, and sentences in Mandarin with fluency:
- to do, work, to think, family, to have, to not have, younger sister, older sister, bank, spouse, bookstore, child, to give, to write, letter, to tell, office worker, engineer, manager, company
- Her family has a father, mother, older brother, and younger sister.
- Do you miss your boyfriend?
- What kind of job does he have?
- Do you have an older sister?
- Where does she work?
- My father is an engineer and my mother is the manager of a bank.
- I often write letters to my family.
- They send their regards.
- Learn the pinyin and correct stroke order for the 18 characters introduced in lesson 14.
- Learn the new vocabulary introduced in lesson 14. You can practice with the online Table Building Activity.